Student Protection Officer
The responsibilities of the Student Protection Officer for Rotary 6380 Youth Exchange include:
- Provide training to Inbound and Outbound students and families, Host Families and YE volunteers.
- When an allegation of abuse is reported, the SPO must:
- Gather facts regarding the allegation.
- Contact appropriate authorities.
- Contact YE Chairperson immediately.
- Serve as the point of contact for all agencies involved.
- Advocate for the victim to assure help is provided.
- Act as a link to professional care agencies.
- Document all details.